Total Training for
Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended
|Product Specs||Course Outline||Sample Training|
|All-Access Online Subscriptions|
|Online Course - 1 Year||$49.99|
Windows & MAC OS
Beginner to Intermediate
This training includes the program-specific features that are mapped to the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification exam for the corresponding product.
ACA certification validates proficiency for individuals who PASS the certification exam, and demonstrates that they possess entry-level communications skills using Adobe digital media software.
Bonus Material: Download a PDF with additional information on Adobe Photoshop
Description: Total Training for Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended: Essentials is learning the way it needs to be; informative and engaging, with fast results. This series is ideal for the beginning user to learn the essentials of Photoshop, and to get up to speed on all of the major features of this powerful image editing software.
It is also perfect for the intermediate user who needs to upgrade to this new version of Photoshop, or has skipped a version, and needs to learn the new features and interface enhancements of this latest iteration.
You'll learn by following along with professional photographer, author, image editor and teacher, Amadou Diallo, who uses Photoshop everyday in his profession. His real-world lessons, professional techniques, and time-saving tips are presented in a clear, concise manner and they will give you all the foundational knowledge you need to get exceptional results from your Photoshop projects.
By the end of this course you will have excellent beginner to intermediate skills using Photoshop CS5, which is amazing, considering how vast and powerful this software is.
Our time-tested training methods will have you comfortable using all of the key tools, palettes, and menu bars, as well as, the major features such as layers, selections, image editing, retouching, working with colorand swatches, type design, masks, and blend modes.
Once you are proficient in the foundations of Photoshop, Amadou will move on to more advanced topics and teach you how to work with vector shapes and paths, smart objects, using Adobe Bridge, the basics of Camera Raw, working with complex image layers, alpha channels, composting images, manipulating brushes, and finally outputting for print and the web.
When you complete this course, you will have the knowledge, confidence and skill to edit your images like a professional, and you will be ready to move on to mastering advanced techniques.
If you are already competent using Photoshop and need more in-depth training try our Adobe Photoshop CS5 Advanced.
Five New Features covered in this title:
- The Refine Radius Tool
- Content-aware healing and fills
- The Mixer Brush
- Live Workspace updates
- Mini Bridge
- Setting User Preferences
- Choosing Color Settings
- Customizing the Workspace
- Essential Keyboard Shortcuts
- Using Rulers & Guides
- Understanding the Histogram & Levels
- Learning the Curves Tool
- Exploring Hue & Saturation
- Cropping & Straightening
- Adjusting Color Balance
- Creating a Black & White Image
- Manual Selection Tools
- Using the Quick Selection Tool
- Creating Color-Based Selections & Saving Selections
- Using Adjustment Layers
- Understanding Layer Masks
- Creating Gradient Masks
- Applying Layer Blend Modes
- Snapshots & the History Brush
- The Retouching Tools, including Content-Aware Fill
- Removing Noise from an Image
- Cloning with Perspective with the Vanishing Point Filter
- Adjusting Perspective with the Lens Correction Filter
- Content-Aware Scaling
- Working with Type
- Paragraph & Character Formatting Options
- Typing on a Path
- Applying Layer Styles to Type
- Vectors & the Shape Tools
- Creating Paths
- Saving & Loading Paths as Selections
- Subtracting, Adding Intersecting, & Excluding
- Vector Graphics as Smart Objects
- Creating & Replacing Smart Objects
- Creating Multiple Instances of a Smart Object
- Smart Objects Deserve Smart Filters
- Exploring the Workspace
- Searching & Organizing Files
- Leveraging Metadata
- Using Mini Bridge
- Using the Basic Panel
- Applying Selective Edits
- Converting to Black & White
- Repairing an Image
- Manipulating Image Layers
- Mastering the Layers Panel
- Creating Layer Groups & Comps
- Combining Images & Merging the Best Elements
- Creating Panoramas
- Auto-Aligning Layers
- Refine Edges
- Exploring the Brush Panel
- Creating a Custom Brush
- Changing Brush Dynamics
- Painting with the Mixer Brush
- Sharpening Images with Smart Sharpen
- Setting Up the Print Dialog Box
- Saving for the Web
Pixels & Resolution